[MPlayer-users] My question of the hour, does anyone know source inside out?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Dec 21 22:39:39 CET 2007

Sara Glade wrote:

[that RC wrote:]

>> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:19:32 -0800 (PST) Sara Glade
>> <saraglade at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I have the for the lack of better term, seeking Progress
>>> Bar removed, yet still retain fast forward and rewind
>>> functionality? That is the stepped progress display which shows
>>> where one is within the video segment.
>>
>> That's part of the O.S.D.  As such, -osdlevel 0 will disable it.
>
> Thank you so much! :-)  One more techie question if you please. ,....
> maybe you know this too.  Can MPLAYER be given a command, so at the
> end of a video file, it does not shut down the DOS window, ... but
> just sits in place, preferably/probably on a black screen at the end
> of the file? :-) :-)

Quoting fixed. Please fix your mailer to correctly indent quoted
material with angle brackets. Also, please use shorter lines, preferably
no longer than about 78 characters.

In answer to your question: if you want MPlayer's playback window to
remain open after playback finishes (e.g. so that you can send it
commands via slave mode), you need the '-idle' option. However, it
sounds like you are seeing a 'DOS window' (command prompt) opened when
MPlayer launches, and you are asking for that window to not be closed
when MPlayer exits; if this is the case, then I suspect you need to
investigate the options of the program which is behind that window,
since MPlayer is not creating that window and so cannot affect its
disappearance.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.