[MPlayer-users] My question of the hour, does anyone know source inside out?

Sara Glade saraglade at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 04:36:49 CET 2007

>> Windows doesn't work that way...  When a program outputs text on the
>> "console" a CMD.exe prompt is automatically spawned, and exits when the
>> program does.  You can't change that behavior.  -idle will probably
>> work well enough...

I am working on merging the this feature into the RC2 build out there... unless
I am mistaken, -idle is not part of RC2, or no?  This is the command I am
issuing.... it doesn't seem to reject -idle, however, the Window that spawns
the rendered video still closes upon completion of the video playing.

This is the command I am using from DOS prompt:

mplayer myvideo.avi -idle

That is correct right? :-)

>> If you wanted to, however, you could launch MPlayer from a batch file
>> with "pause" after mplayer, so the dos prompt will stay open until you
>> hit Enter.  Or perhaps invoke cmd.exe directly, with mplayer.exe "%1"
>> as an arguement.

Could you elaborate on this?  I understand construction of batch files, but
unclear on what you mean by this pause, or how to invoke cmd.exe directly.
Could you show an example? :-)