[MPlayer-users] MPlayer & RAM files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Dec 22 15:15:08 CET 2007

Hi!

Steve Waller <qprfact <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Aha! I seem to be getting somewhere here. I went back to the website I
> mentioned
> earlier and ran the "svn checkout " command.
>
> I then tried my RAM file again and heard it playing the streaming audio, but
> it
> only played for about 30 secs. This was the output:
>
> Macintosh:RAM Files me$ mplayer -playlist mon1830.ram -v
> MPlayer dev-CVS-041116-19:27-3.3 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

No, as was explained already at least twice, this is _NOT_ the output of the svn
version nor the rc2 version (which should be sufficient to play this stream).
Instead, it's the output of a several years old version of MPlayer that was not
able to play the stream - unfortunately, nobody here cares about bugreports for
old versions of MPlayer;-)

Carl Eugen

Please don't break threads.
Please quote correctly.