[MPlayer-users] My question of the hour, does anyone know source inside out?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:19:39 CET 2007

> Modifying the code takes a working knowledge of C. C takes about 2 years
> learn to the point where a programmer can be considered somewhat
> profitable
> in a professional development environment.

More like four years, if that four years is a college course and you are in
the top 15% or so of intelligence. More still otherwise. Modifying most code
also takes a working knowledge of the environment it works under. This is
almost as big an education. If you know nothing of C or modern software
engineering techniques, you are realistically six to ten years from being
any use.

However none of this is ontopic for a "users" list.

Phil