[MPlayer-users] create a dummy video device and send there the mplayer-mencoder output

Pierpaolo Gullˆa airteknology at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 02:27:40 CET 2007

Hi , I must to send to a device , because i am reading many files,one to
one , and send it to icecast and later to cortado java applet (i'm using
theora and vorbis)
Mi problem it's that i have some files , and when i change between two
files the playing in the cortado web player stops.
It append because isn' a continuos streaming , so I have 2 choise:
-Use a device sotfware or hardware
-Use a buffer in the program or a software thta do the bugger.

A solution for use the bugger it's to take one files with maplyer or
mencoder , send it to /dev/stdout and take it with oggfwd.

But I don't know how to take a file mplayer and send it to /dev/stdout !
Do you know how I can take my avi , and send to stdout with or without
recompression or changing codec (I want to know if there is the choise
to use the original files codec or encoding it when i reading it)

Thansk for your help

Pierpaolo