[MPlayer-users] How do I compile with E-AC3 support?

Warren Puziewicz geekseeker at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 01:30:16 CET 2007

Can someone point me to a guide on how to compile mplayer with E-AC3 support?  I've downloaded the latest source, found a patch to add E-AC3 support, and I've downloaded the MinGW and msys packages.  I can't get msys to do anything (the window pops open and shut), so I need help.

I'm trying to play back files that I've ripped from my HD-DVDs.  I can get video using the most recent binary distribution of mplayer, but the only audio I can get is the director's commentary.  When I try to switch to another audio stream, I get silence with an occasional burst of static, or nothing at all.

Thanks