[MPlayer-users] DVB stream including LATM AAC Audio issues

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Sat Dec 29 02:52:38 CET 2007

> Il Friday 21 December 2007 09:39:15 Steven Ellis ha scritto:
>> The tests here in NZ of our DVB-T network have just changed again and
are now advertising a combination of H.264 video + AAC LATM encoded
audio. Now there are issues with the H.264 video that the ffmpeg team
need to resolve, but I'm wondering what can be done about playing LATM
encapsulated AAD when it is in a DVB stream.

>> Happy to provide a couple of samples of either audio+video or just
audio if required.

>> Steve
>
> LATM, like everything involving AAC, is a huge mess with ever-changing
specs.
> I have some samples but they don't comply with the specs I have.

Nico - have you taken a look at the LATM AAC over RTSP support that is now
built into MPlayer. I'm wondering if its mechanism could be adapted to
work with DVB based LATM AAC?

Steve