[MPlayer-users] DVB stream including LATM AAC Audio issues

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Sat Dec 29 11:31:34 CET 2007

Il Saturday 29 December 2007 02:52:38 Steven Ellis ha scritto:
> > Il Friday 21 December 2007 09:39:15 Steven Ellis ha scritto:
> >> The tests here in NZ of our DVB-T network have just changed
> >> again and
>
> are now advertising a combination of H.264 video + AAC LATM encoded
> audio. Now there are issues with the H.264 video that the ffmpeg
> team need to resolve, but I'm wondering what can be done about
> playing LATM encapsulated AAD when it is in a DVB stream.
>
> >> Happy to provide a couple of samples of either audio+video or
> >> just
>
> audio if required.
>
> >> Steve
> >
> > LATM, like everything involving AAC, is a huge mess with
> > ever-changing
>
> specs.
>
> > I have some samples but they don't comply with the specs I have.
>
> Nico - have you taken a look at the LATM AAC over RTSP support that
> is now built into MPlayer. I'm wondering if its mechanism could be
> adapted to work with DVB based LATM AAC?
>
> Steve

yes, but in that case the configuration of the LOAS/LATM payloads is
much simpler and fixed, and obviously it doesn't match what i see
here.
Can you collect some more samples (at least 1 minute long and possibly
of different broadcasters) and upload them to incoming, please?
dumping the whole TS is generally simpler.
I have only a couple of norwegian samples, maybe the implementors in
NZ chose a simpler path