[MPlayer-users] A 1:1 rendition, please

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sat Dec 29 02:55:54 CET 2007

Hi,

What commandline options can I use with mplayer to guarantee that it will
render one display pixel for every pixel in the file?

I ask because I just tried to play a 1920x1080 file on a 1920x1200 display,
and had to explicitly add:

-monitoraspect 16:10

...to make it look anything like right - otherwise, mplayer was rendering
the image vertically compressed, more like a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. I have no
idea how mplayer arrived at the conclusion that this was correct. Visually
it looked like it was assuming a 4:3 display, which I can't see is a very
sensible default, but regardless - is there any way to guarantee 1:1
playback?

Thanks,

Phil