[MPlayer-users] mencoder: flac audio output?

Jorge Fábregas jfabregas at onelinkpr.net
Sat Feb 17 17:20:11 CET 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 8:37 am, info at danielerossi.net wrote:
> 1. make a fake blank video of the exact lenght of your audio file (in
> windows via avisynth)
> 2.convert this temporary audio+video stream with mencoder
> 3. use mplayer with -dumpaudio to demux the stream
> 4. delete temporary files.

Hi DR,

That's too complicated. I'm going to keep using the same script I have been
using for a year which basically converts the WMA audio (in ASF file) to PCM
(using mplayer) and then I use the flac command to convert it.  I was
wondering if there was a way to convert from wma audio to pcm on a one
liner...(either with mencoder or mplayer).

The only reason I convert to flac is to eventually edit the file with
Audacity...

Thanks,
JOrge