[MPlayer-users] Compiling mplayer for powerpc 440 with fpu

Patrice Bouchand pb_fwd_list at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 20 14:58:29 CET 2007

Hi,

  I'm using fedora core 6 for ppc on a powerpc 440 processor with fpu. gcc release is 4.1.1 . I'm trying to find the right mcpu option to get the best perfomance, and I get this oddity:

- When I do not specify any -mcpu option, mplayer can play a small mpeg with no problem.
- When I specify -mcpu=440fp, the same mpeg does not play smoothly.

     Can someone bring me some lights about the best gcc option to compile mplayer for powerpc 440 target ?

     Best regards

            Patrice Bouchand