[MPlayer-users] mjpeg corrupted file

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Sat Feb 24 14:26:40 CET 2007

> Anyway, you can get the video of the broken file with mplayer -demuxer
> lavf -lavfdopts format=mjpeg MVI_3011.avi

> (need latest SVN version to use the format= option).
>
> No idea how to extract the audio though.
>> Greetings,
>> Reimar Döffinger
>> _____________
thank you Reimar and RC for your answer.

Finally I got a compiled version from latest SVN on my windows platform
and so I could try the command line with format= option.
It works for video and not for audio:

1. mplayer.exe -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts format=mjpeg MVI_3001.avi
works and it plays the video stream!
2. mencoder.exe -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts format=mjpeg MVI_3011.avi -ovc
xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1800 -o video.avi
recover the video stream to a new file
3. mplayer.exe -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts format=mjpeg MVI_3011.avi -vo
null -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.avi
output a zero lenght dumpfile

my codec information appliance (gspot) says that audio is:
PCM Audio
11024Hz  88 kb/s (1 chnl)

So i've tried ffmpeg:
1. ffmpeg.exe -v -vn -acodec copy -i MVI_3011.avi a.avi
to demux the audio stream, but it does not recognize the file.

Any idea how to recover the audio?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you Daniele

Sample file is under