[MPlayer-users] LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 10:49:57 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/6/07, naudefj <naudefj at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> On Saturday 06 January 2007 10:23, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 1/6/07, naudefj <naudefj at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> > > Hi Guillaume,

> > > I found the problem! Grip is encoding it just fine. However, I've changed
> > > some ID3 tags with a Perl script (use MP3::Info;) which messed up these
> > > files.
> >
> > Ah, so your file is, as I suspected, corrupted!
> > What I don't understand though, is why I can't get mplayer to use
> > vorbis decoder with the following commandline:
> >
> > mplayer -ac +vorbis,+ffvorbis music.ogg
> > or
> > mplayer -demuxer ogg -ac +vorbis,+ffvorbis music.ogg
>
> Strange that it doesn't bother Amarok at all.
>

> > > Do you know of a way to fix/reset these tags to OGG tags?
> >
> > No Idea, sorry :-(
>
> Here is an easy way to fix the file so MPlayer would play it again:
>
> $ vorbiscomment -l music.ogg >music.tags
> $ vorbiscomment -w music.ogg -c music.tags

Goood, but it doesn't work here though:

vorbiscomment -l music.ogg
Failed to open file as vorbis: Corrupt secondary header.

vorbiscomment --version
Vorbiscomment 1.1.1

:-(

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations