[MPlayer-users] ASS/SSA subtitle support

thyme pancakes newsbought at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:00:57 CET 2007

Stubborn me.

The freetype2 install which caused the configure to fail and xterm to get
hosed was not configured properly.

It was made based on a straight vannila "./configure" hoping that any
necessary options would be detected automatically.

Using "./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6 --with-old-mac-fonts" (ps don't use
"--build=mac" on OS X) in the freetype2 source directory and then "make"
plus "make install" upgraded my freetype to the required level.

Then I was able to go to the mplayer source directory and run the
"./configure --enable-macosx-bundle \
--with-extraincdir=/usr/X11R6/include/ \
--with-extralibdir=/usr/X11R6/lib/ \
--with-freetype-config=/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config"
command and make it.

Tested it out and now it works perfectly and, of course, if you put
------------------------------
ass=yes
embeddedfonts=yes
fontconfig=yes
into ~/.mplayer/config as detailed here:
http://cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=MPlayer&printable=yes
it looks very nifty.

Thanks for your help, Ergzay. It's taken a while but I've finally got a
media player that can do a decent job on mastroka files on my 10.3 mac. Much
appreciated.