[MPlayer-users] ASS/SSA subtitle support

thyme pancakes newsbought at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:18:03 CET 2007

Yeah, for whatever reason (the lack of pkg-config on 10.3 being a probable
one, though not having compiled freetype with-old-mac-font support also
seems a good candidate) the linking to freetype in the /usr/local directory
was a real pain.

Now I got it so that
-----------------------------------
Checking for freetype >= 2.0.9 ... yes
Checking for fontconfig ... yes
Checking for SSA/ASS support ... yes

But, had I not been using that test code program, I wouldn't have noticed I
was building free type improperly using "./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6
--build=mac --with-old-mac-fonts".
(I was getting headers with version 2.2.1 but lib with version 2.1.0. PAIN.)
OS X wants to build like a unix, but run fonts like a mac.

Oh well. Done now! WHOO HOO!