[MPlayer-users] command line: specifying audio codec (atrc)

Parker Jones zoubidoo at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:48:05 CET 2007

Dear Mplayers,

I have read the manual and haven't had any success so am resorting to this
list.  Before you say RTFM, here are the relevant manual sections read:
* 6.2. Audio formats
* 14.3.2. libavcodec's audio codecs
* 14.8.4. Encoding Audio

I am trying to transcode the audio stream with the atrc codec.

I have tried mencoder with options
-oac atrc
-oac atrac3
-oac raatrc
-oac ra10atrc
which gives "Error parsing option on the command line: -oac"

OK, perhaps the atrc codec belongs to libavcodec. Then called mencoder with
options
-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=raatrc
-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=atrc
-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=atrac3
which gives "Audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec raatrc."

I know the audio codecs are installed:
$ mplayer -ac help
[snip]
raatrc      realaud   working   RealAudio ATRAC3  [atrc.so.6.0]
ra10atrc    realaud   working   RealPlayer 10 RealAudio ATRAC3  [atrc.so]
raatrcwin   realaud   working   Win32 RealAudio ATRAC3  [atrc3260.dll]
raatrcmac   realaud   working   Mac OS X RealAudio ATRAC3
[atrc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atrc]
[snip]

So how do I use these codecs?
Thanks,