[MPlayer-users] command line: specifying audio codec (atrc)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jan 18 01:43:36 CET 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 04:48:05 +1300
"Parker Jones" <zoubidoo at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried mencoder with options
> -oac atrc
> -oac atrac3
> -oac raatrc
> -oac ra10atrc
> which gives "Error parsing option on the command line: -oac"

If it isn't listed by "-oac help" it doesn't exist.

> I know the audio codecs are installed:
> $ mplayer -ac help
> [snip]
> raatrc      realaud   working   RealAudio ATRAC3  [atrc.so.6.0]
> ra10atrc    realaud   working   RealPlayer 10 RealAudio ATRAC3
> [atrc.so] raatrcwin   realaud   working   Win32 RealAudio ATRAC3
> [atrc3260.dll] raatrcmac   realaud   working   Mac OS X RealAudio
> ATRAC3   [atrc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atrc]
> [snip]

That means MPlayer knows of them, and how to use them.  It doesn't mean
they are actually installed on your system.

> So how do I use these codecs?

Play a file with ATRAC audio.

-ac help lists available codecs for DECODING.  Mencoder can't encode
with (most of) them, and certainly not with any of Real's binary codecs.