[MPlayer-users] audio not available on mac

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 16:05:48 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/19/07, thyme pancakes <newsbought at hotmail.com> wrote:
> svn,, is that subversion? I guess I can do that maybe later this week though
> I don't know the first thing about how to use it at the moment (subversion
> would not compile on my panther system. Pain.)

You can fetch svn from this page, as a dmg:
http://metissian.com/projects/macosx/subversion/

MPlayer can be fectched with this svn command:
  svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer

> Problem being, if subversion has trouble compiling on Panther, what good
> would a svn based patch do to test this bit o code?

Well, if MPlayer-SVN needs to be fixed to compile on 10.3, then it
will have to be fixed.
At least 10.3 and 10.4 are actively maintained.

> I can post my libao2/ao_macosx.c file which you can diff to see where the
> exact differences are at. I'll try and attach it.

In _theory_ sending the whole file could be OK.

The problem is that I have no clue which version to diff against. Are
you using mplayer RC1, svn or an older snapshot?

Please send a patch against lastest SVN of MPlayer, it will really be
easier for everyone to review.

Thanks,

Guillaume