[MPlayer-users] Question about compiling from within Windows XP

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:42:28 CET 2007

Good luck with MingW. I've never had success. Seems like the ones who do
know how to compile it with MingW have not completed the documentation of
the HOWTO. It's a work in progress.

I have however, compiled it on Cygwin. Seems to work fairly well. You'll
want to download the directxdevelopers.tar.gz and possibly the opengl
developer files for cygwin.

Hank