[MPlayer-users] problem playing videos without window

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jan 30 20:18:47 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:56:47PM -0500, Patrick White wrote:
> Hi. Thanks for the reply. I actually have 4 monitors now (I did have
> 2, but meant four). The problem then is that Twin View isn't supported
> for more than 2 monitors. Is there anything else that I can do? Is
> this feature just not working right anymore?

Without TwinView -vo x11 (which has horrible performance) will be the only
one being able to show something on more than one displays.
And please explain in more detail what you get with
mplayer -fs -fstype none -xineramascreen -2
preferably including the full MPlayer output after also adding -v to the
commandline.

> And any word on the -noborder option? Are both of these half broken
> right now maybe? I have googled this stuff to death but can't seem to
> get anywhere.

Not per se, but they both rely on your window manager to support those
features in a sane way (or maybe more precisely in the way MPlayer
expects them to work)...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger