[MPlayer-users] stream not seekable

Christian G. Tveen cgt at navicon.dk
Thu Jul 5 14:18:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to have mplayer run fullscreen mpeg streaming from IP
cameras, and have a problem with the interface. After a while MPlayer,
starts complaining about stream not seekable, and it remains in this state.

I have tried to set combinations of framedrop, hardframedrop, cache,
no-cache, but without any luck. The MPlayer will not resume playing the
stream until restarted. Is there any way I can make MPlayer
automatically resume playing or find the track on the stream ? I
allready have the MPlayer inside a loop, so a 'not so nice' solution
could be MPLayer exiting if stream not seekable, but I've no clue if
this would be possible.

Hope somebody knows a solution

Regards Chrsitian

PS: I'm very pleased with MPlayer, as I've managed a better quality and
much more flexible way of doing surveillance, than I had with the
product coming with the cameras!