[MPlayer-users] You guys ROCK!!!

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jul 7 20:59:10 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 08:35:08PM +0200, Piotr Stachura wrote:
> Dnia sobota, 7 lipca 2007, CD Baric napisa??:
> > If I really need DVD Navigation I fire up xine but that is very rare.
> >
> > Perhaps attention could be focused on an effective GUI - the present
> > setup is extremely flawed.
>
> I don't think it should bothering developers. Currently there are a few great
> GUI's using slave mode. Check out my "best" position: SMPlayer
> (http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/)

Yes, that is the solution we prefer (the approach not that Gui specifically),
developing a good Gui and developing a codec really needs a very different
skillset.
And we can't provide a Gui that fits everyone anyway, so the best way if
someone wants to improve the Gui situation IMO is to make the slave mode
interface easier to use.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger