[MPlayer-users] You guys ROCK!!!

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Jul 7 22:33:31 CEST 2007

CD Baric wrote:

>> The plan was after full dvdnav support, but very few of the main
>> developers are working on that so it progresses much slower than hoped.
>> Well, and rc2 was planned for last year, too. I guess we lack a real
>> release manager ;-)
>
> You know, I don't require the dvdnav feature - I don't even use a GUI
> much preferring the command line.
>
> If I really need DVD Navigation I fire up xine but that is very rare.

I don't need DVD navigation either, but have to use it on DVD protected
by Sony's ARCCOS crap, as dvdnav uses the cell commands to steer around
the flawed sectors. Unfortunately though, IFOs are not read in the same
way as they are with plain dvdread, i.e. I have to specify -sid and -aid
instead of my defaults alang and slang from config file. Perhaps moving
these bits to dvdread would improve the situation there.

--
Cheers,
Alex