[MPlayer-users] 64 bit AMD plays The Incredibles DVD 64 bit compiled for 32 bit does NOT

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jul 11 17:15:09 CEST 2007

All, I am using AMD 64 bit X2 laptop with Centos 5.

I had compiled for a 32 bit mplayer but found I could not play dvd's -
"mplayer dvd://1".
I thought it was from a missing package, so I got libdvdread and
installed it in a 32 bit mode 'CC="gcc -m32"'
I then set ld.so.conf for /usr/local/lib and ran ldconfig. I then
rebuilt mplayer with:
./configure --disable-ivtv --enable-largefiles --target=athlon_xp
--cc="gcc -m32" --as="as -32" --with-extralibdir=/usr/lib; make; make
install

Under this mode the DVD will not play.

The I did "rm -rf /usr/local/lib/libdvd*", ran ldconfig, did make clean
on mplayer,
re-ran ./configure with NO options, then make and make install. I then
tried
mplayer dvd://1 and the DVD plays just fine.

What is wrong with playing the dvd when I have compiled for 32 bit
mplayer????

Thanks,

Jerry