[MPlayer-users] karaoke filter to get rid of commercials

William Norfleet williamnorfleet2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 15:40:44 CEST 2007

This is not a request for help.  It is a tip from one knuckle-dragging end-user to
another.  Hope such communications are not inappropriate for this list.

Take a look at "-af karoake" in the man pages.  I have found it very useful for removing
annoying advertisements from streaming audio.  This filter has significant limitations,
but on my favorite streamed radio station it turns shouted advertisements for car
insurance into a soft, inaudible mumble.