[MPlayer-users] SVN v Stable

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Sat Jul 14 02:56:50 CEST 2007

El Viernes, 13 de Julio de 2007 04:51, ajaxas escribió:
> On 7/13/07, Pepe <rvm3000 at ya.com> wrote:
> > El Jueves, 12 de Julio de 2007 19:06, ajaxas escribió:
> > > * ability to change subtitle size during playback
> >
> > Interesting.
> > But it doesn't work with -ass, does it?
>
> Interesting.
> As far as I know, ASS/SSA subtitles contain font name/size descriptors, so
> changing anything during playback is not worth trying, isn't it? Or is it
> not satisfying?

-ass also works with other formats, like srt and sub. It gives better
rendering of the subtitles. You can choose the color (and they are not
semi-transparent). Playing a little bit with the options you can get a huge
improvement. Comparison:

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/screenshots2/sub1.jpg
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/screenshots2/sub3.jpg

But the problem is that some options, like moving the subtitles (R/T keys) or
this new one to change size don't work.

--
Pepe