[MPlayer-users] a DVD subtitle observation

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Thu Jul 26 10:12:15 CEST 2007

Lastly I've been going through the Subtitle Trivia Tracks on my DVDs,
and I stubled upon the commentary track for Back to the Future, which
makes some problems on mplayer.

With r23739 some of the subtitles appear (they are heavily animated and
besides info text feature also the DeLorean driving through the picture
etc.), but not all, and mplayer shows a fairly big amount of

spudec error: Could not match control code 0x07: skipping 23 bytes

or something like this.

with r23815 I don't get any of these subtitles at all (though normal
subtitles still work).

Any idea what has changed since and if these changes are meant to
improve on those spudec errors, or was this a change for the worse? I'm
still to go through the changes to find out what code is responsible for
this, but maybe someone knows already....

--
cheers,
Alex