[MPlayer-users] mplayer in background

Carles Pagès bonanit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:47:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to launch mplayer in background but when I run this command:

# mplayer rtsp://192.168.2.225/audio1 -vc null -vo null -ao
pcm:file=/tmp/fifo < /dev/null 2>&1 1>/dev/null &

the program starts but doesn't return to the shell until I press
enter. The problem is I want to launch this from php using the
"exec()" function and because of this it gets stuck waiting for it to
return.

So, do you know how should I call it to avoid having to hit a key
after launching? I've been trying multiple options but with no success
so far.

Thanks in advance.