[MPlayer-users] redirecting the output of mplayer to a pipe

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jul 27 13:03:47 CEST 2007

Please do not reply by creating a new, unrelated message; hit the Reply
button so that your message will be threaded correctly under the message
you are replying to.

Please also quote what you are replying to.

josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org wrote:

> What I mean by a broken pipe is that the application on the other end
> of the fifo may exit, ehen mplayer crashes.

That's what I thought.

> I tried to give instructions on reproducing this in a message a week
> or so back.  I would like to file a bug report, but it seems that
> mplayer svn won't compile with --enable-debug=3 configured.

Let me guess: somewhere in libavcodec/, on cabac.h, right?

If so, this is a known problem. When make fails, just copy the final
failed compiler command line, remove the '-g' option, run it from inside
the 'libavcodec' directory, and then run 'make' again from the original
location. If it still fails, please give us the final compiler command
line before the failure, all of the messages which were printed after
that command line, and (just in case) the configure command you used.

If that isn't it, then we will need that same information to figure out
what the problem is.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.