[MPlayer-users] Playback issues with dual-core - audio/video out of sync

Mon Jun 4 18:05:22 CEST 2007

Hi Brano!

 On 2007.06.04 at 09:08:20 -0400, Brano wrote next:

> I've recently upgraded my single core Athlon for Dual-core Athlon CPU
> (just a CPU swap, no other changes on the system).
>
> Since the swap, on some movies played through mplayer viedo and audio
> gets randomly out of sync.
> More specific, audio continues to play OK, but video is approximately 2x
> the speed. This starts anywhere in the movie and stops when I manually
> do FF and play again. I've seen it on MKV h264 files mostly, but on divx
> too.
>
> Any ideas what may be wrong?

Maybe you don't have enough cpu power anymore, because each core of
current cpu is slower than former single-core cpu?
What are exact names of old and new cpus? Does top show close to 100%
cpu usage when playing such files?

Other thing that can /probably/ lead to such results is timer issues.
I don't know if they can appear in your case, but updating bios and
getting newer linux kernel may help.

--

Vladimir