[MPlayer-users] How to extract a .WAV file from part of a dump file, Not Yet.

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:42:37 CEST 2007

Martin McCormick pisze:

> I am still, however, ending up with a very short .wav file
> that contains only the first chunk of decoded audio and none of the
> segment I was after.

> -rw-r--r--  1 martin martin 65580 Jun  7 11:34 ./pgmaudio/output.wav

> The file is exactly this length no matter what I put as the endpos
> value. The command is as follows:

> mplayer -vc null -vo null -ao pcm:file=output.wav -ss 8:54:15 -endpos
> 180 str eam.dump

> This goes 8 hours, 54 minutes and 15 seconds in to the dump file and
> retrieves 180 seconds or 3 minutes which should be in the output.wav
> file.

I don't have such a large file, but on 1.1GB file dumped from ac3 I have
not this issue - everything went fine.
So, your dump file is curucial to determine this failure.
Try to extract PCM from dump at earlier timeline, eg. 1:00:00 or even at
  "-ss 60" just to determine if mplayer colud extract this 180 seconds
stream from dump or not.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/