[MPlayer-users] How to extract a .WAV file from part of a dumpfile, Not Yet.

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:13:25 CEST 2007

Martin McCormick wrote:
>I am still, however,
>ending up with a very short .wav file that contains only the
>first chunk of decoded audio and none of the segment I was
>after.
>
>-rw-r--r--  1 martin martin 65580 Jun  7 11:34 ./pgmaudio/output.wav
>
>The file is exactly this length no matter what I put as the
>endpos value. The command is as follows:
>
>mplayer -vc null -vo null -ao pcm:file=output.wav -ss 8:54:15 -endpos 180
>str
>eam.dump

Suppose you don't try to dump the 3-minute section and instead just play it.
Does that work? If it does, you can try MEncoder instead of MPlayer.  I have
never tried it myself, but the "aconvert" script in the TOOLS directory
allows you to encode from an audio-only file.

>Video: no video
>Starting playback...
>A:477807.8 (132:43:27.7) of 2133437440.0 (-24.-8) ??,?% $<50>

Maybe the file is too big for MPlayer. The negative numbers and gibberish at
the end don't look good.