[MPlayer-users] Reverting a bad framerate change

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Jun 15 21:02:22 CEST 2007

Hi. Thanks for your reply. But...

Le septidi 27 prairial, an CCXV, RC a écrit :
> -vf framestep if the interval is always consistent,

It only accepts integers.

>						      otherwise -vf
> decimate with a lot of trial-and-error to get the right parameters.

The transition frame seems to be a mean of its neighbors. Therefore, the
difference of the transition frame in high-motion scenes is higher than the
difference of normal frames in low-motion scenes.

Furthermore, none of your proposals adjust the presentation timestamps, and
this is absolutely necessary: dropping the transition frame without
adjusting the others is worse than nothing.

Let me explain with a 5/4 ratio. Here are the frames:

A   B   @   C   D   E   F   @   G   H   I   J   @   K   LLLL

On screen, it looks like that (I keep the original for reference):

A   B   @   C   D   E   F   @   G   H   I   J   @   K   L
AAAABBBB@@@@CCCCDDDDEEEEFFFF@@@@GGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJ@@@@KKKKLLLL

If you just drop the @ frame, you get that:

A   B   @   C   D   E   F   @   G   H   I   J   @   K   L
A   B       C   D   E   F       G   H   I   J       K   L

Which, on screen, looks like that:

A   B   @   C   D   E   F   @   G   H   I   J   @   K   L
AAAABBBBBBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFFFFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJJJJJKKKKLLLL

What you need is:

A   B   @   C   D   E   F   @   G   H   I   J   @   K   L
A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K    L

Alas, do not even know if a video filter can change the presentation
timestamp of the frames.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George