[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen command line for mac OSX

Bastiaan Nelissen bastiaan.nelissen at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 12:51:53 CEST 2007

Op 20-jun-2007, om 11:10 heeft Fabien Tafelmacher het volgende
geschreven:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching for a way to launch a video in fullscreen from a
> shell file. I've done something like this for Windows and it works :
>
> gmplayer -fs Bikers.mov
>
> If I put the same line in my test.sh in mac os 10.4, and nothing
> happends. So I changed a little bit the line to this :
>
> "MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/MacOS/MPlayer OSX" -fs Bikers.mov
>
> That doesn't open the video at all. If I remove the -fs, the video
> opens but not in fullscreen.
>
> Have I missed something ?
>
> thanks
> rekam

I don't know if the OSX mplayer GUI works with the same mplayer
config file.
try putting these lines in the ~/.mplayer/config file:

#activate FullScreen on startup as default
fs=On

One way to get there, open terminal (in you Utilities folder)
$ cd ~/
$ cd mplayer (if it does not exist you do a: "mkdir .mplayer" first
and after that you do a: "cd .mplayer")
$ touch config
$ echo "fs=On" >> config