[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS files support broken on MinGW

e-t172 e-t172 at akegroup.org
Wed Jun 20 13:48:28 CEST 2007

The libavformat changesets 9201 and 9206 breaks MPEG-TS files support
(.TS files) in mplayer when used on Windows (I don't know about other
platforms).

With the changeset 9201, mplayer no longer "see" the video stream. Sound
plays fine.

With the changeset 9206, mplayer crashes when trying to demux the stream
(crash in demux_open).

One workaround is to revert libavformat/mpegts.c to revision 9200, then
recompile.

I'm not sure if this is the good mailing list to post this... should I
post it on the FFMPEG mailing list ?

By the way, I always wonder why I need to use "-demuxer lavf" to play TS
files. When using the default demuxer (mpegts), I have no sound (if this
is a bug, then it is there since ages).