[MPlayer-users] Crash on OS X 10.3.9

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:51:31 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/9/07, Risto Suominen <risto.suominen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now this is getting interesting... (This is my first experience with Xcode)
>
> I took the old-style project into Xcode (1.5) and manually changed
> some file names and unchecked the localization part. Then I could
> actually compile it. And run, but only once.

Please send the updated "old-style" project file, I'll check it in.

> It complained about the machine not having altivec support (and
> forcing framedrop), but continued and looked ok (a menu bar and a
> small control panel window). I just quit and started again, and now it
> crashed, just like the binary installation did.
>
> The question is whether this has something to do with my machine, OS
> X, or mplayer?

I advise you to compile mplayer with a simple ./configure && make
then try playing a file with: ./mplayer path_to_my_file

If it works, then the problem isn't due to mplayer.

> So, if I compile a new version every time I need it...

Do you mean that it works everytime you run it from a fresh compilation?

That's rather strange.

Guillaume