[MPlayer-users] -af channels and '#'

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Mar 12 09:24:42 CET 2007

I playback my DVDs on a 5.1 system, therefore i use the -channels 6
option. On my old sound card everything was fine. With my new terratec
though I have to use -af channels=6 to ensure front speakers are always
the front speakers, even when playing back stereo (2ch) sources.

Now to make a point, the moment I use -af channels=6 (or some other
combination of it, like channels=6:6:0:0:1:1:2:2:3:3:4:4:5:5 to make a
perfectly redundant setup), I get

[channels] The number of routing pairs must be between 1 and 6. Current
value is 0
[libaf] Reinitialization did not work, audio filter 'channels' returned
error code -2
Error at audio filter chain pre-init!

Exiting... (Fatal error)

Now this message is printed out in af_channels.c when s->nr is 0. Tbough
I have provided a number of routing pairs (or the lack thereof should
present the full number of 6 default routing pairs), the filter does not
seem to know about it...

cheers,
Alex