[MPlayer-users] Commands to capture frame X from all videos in a folder ?

B James 222fbj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:37:35 CET 2007

I am new to mplayer and looking for a way to batch process a folder of video
files and save a screen capture from each.   I have a variety of mpg, avi,
wmv, and  mov files.

The point of doing this is to create an html gallery (thumbnails) that link
to the videos.  If I can get the screen captures, I know how to do the rest
- create the gallery and modify the links to point to the videos..

By 'frame X' I mean a number (probably 1-60) that avoids black/blank frames
at the beginning.   This would be the same number/frame for all videos....I
am just not sure what frame will (in most cases) avoid blank/black frames at
the beginning.

Does anyone have a recommendation and/or command snippets for doing this?

Thank You.