[MPlayer-users] Todays SVN

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 03:32:24 CET 2007

Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> I downloaded todays SNV and build mplayer like I normally do. It
> compiled cleanly, but with x11 output videos run very fast and then
> at the end it crashes with
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: free_demuxer
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
>   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
>   disassembly. Details in
> DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
> can't and
>   won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
> possible bug.
>
> With xv output, it hangs on the first frame and crashes with the same
> output
>
> And gl and gl2 won't display anything at all and crash.
>
> Did I do something wrong?

Well, for one thing, you didn't follow the instructions which got
printed when it crashed...

I'd suggest to re-update (just in case), run 'make distclean', and build
again. If it still does the same thing, read the suggested documentation
and post a backtrace according to its instructions.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.