[MPlayer-users][Solved] mplayer journal.rm -> gives no result

Baron Christophe christop_baron at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 22 18:27:28 CET 2007

--- "info at danielerossi.net" <info at danielerossi.net> a écrit :

> > Ch.
> > PS: I just then do mplayer -idx journal13h.rm
> > to be able to navigate through
> >

> >> converttowav:
> >> mplayer journal13h.rm -ao pcm:file=journal13h.wav -vc dummy -vo
> null
> >>
> >> and if you like:
> >> lame -h journal13h.wav journal13h.mp3
> >>
> >> daniele
> >>

> mplayer -idx by me (winxp) does not seek through the file.
You mean with ".rm" files, or whatever.
For me, for "some" files, eg. those fetched from youtube,
but also others, even after a conversion, eg., mencode -oac mp3lame
-ovc lavc input.flv -o output.avi, I can't seek through, but
I can if I play it with option -idx. However, for the example
"above", I can seek through, even before conversion.
(out of topic) These flv videos can be very poor one the informations
they provide about themselves. And to convert them I have to
indicate the number of "fps" of the source file in order to have
the sound and the image synchronized. And one these videos, it
(mencoder)
does not
built an index automaticaly for them (it could probably
be fixed, but I don't yet know how).
(I do not touch the thing you mentioned earlier).
> But with a wav or mp3 it does.
> As far as I know this process can not bo done in real time, but you
> should wait the end of the stream to convert it and have an index.
Yes a couple of seconds (depending on the size of the file),
that can seems a bit long, but it saves
it for future use in some files of its.