[MPlayer-users] RE:New PPC X.4.9 compiling problems"Guillaume POIRIER"

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 06:16:38 CEST 2007

>Looks like a configure bug to me. If you disable fontconfig, as far as
>I know, ASS support should be disabled too.
>
>Try to upgrade/install fontconfig and freetype though macports and you
>should be fine.

since that post i posted an update on the issues ive been having.

apparently i somehow (magic i assume because i dont know what i did
differently) got mplayer FULLY compiled (freetype and fontconfig
included) on my intel mac, but now have no subs ^^;;;;;  in fact no
osd at all (the "o" button does not produce visual response).  this is
similar to the premade binary on the mplayer downloads site, and i'd
absolutely love to find out how to fix this.

as for the PPC unit, it seems like there is some kind of configure or
code based error preventing compiling just as you said. i suppose i'll
have to wait that out.

hopefully this subtitle/osd thing will be worked out soon too, or
someone can tell me, because most of my media has soft subs of some
kind.

thanks a bunch
-Alex.