[MPlayer-users] RE:Compilation Problem...."Mac _"

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:57:37 CEST 2007

Hi mac.

i seem to have been having similar problems to you.

i chose 2 different routes but got the same rather ugly result.

first, i configured with the flags --disable-livetype --disable-fontconfig

it compiled flawlessly then proceeded to refuse my every efforts to
get text on OSD (such as subtitles for instance, but also those
numbers/bars you get with the "o" key).

the second time through i got and installed darwin ports, then
selfupdated it with the command given on their website.
(you'll have to alter your $PATH in /etc/profile, adding in
/opt/local/bin and /usr/local/bin/ to allow you to use the "port"
command without any "command not found" issues).

then i used darwinports to install fontconfig (sudo port install
fontconfig), which also installed livetype.
I then used these lines in my main directory before typing make:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/"
./configure --with-freetype-config=/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
****they came from this site:
http://www.jonsimpson.co.uk/weblog/2005-12-05/compiling-mplayer-cvs-on-mac-os-x-104-tiger.html

anyway.. it then compiled again with no trouble, except this time it
supposedly had livetype and fontconfig... but still no subs.

im currently awaiting correspondence from others, and i suggest you
keep an eye out for those too, since we seem to have the same issue :
)

good luck out there, and on a completely unrelated note lets hope they
get wma 5.1-7.1 ch supported soon.