Re2: [MPlayer-users] problems compiling mplayer on macosX.4.9

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:21:54 CEST 2007

> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:58:08 +0100
> From: "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] problems compiling mplayer on macosX.4.9
>         intel
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
>         <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> Hi,

> Don't know. It works perfectly here with a plain ./configure.
>
> It ends with:
>
> cc -o mplayer mplayer.o m_property.o mp_msg.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o
> subopt-helper.o command.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o cpudetect.o edl.o
> find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o mpcommon.o parser-cfg.o
> playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o vobsub.o
> unrarlib.o libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a input/libinput.a
> libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a
> stream/stream.a libswscale/libswscale.a libvo/libosd.a
> libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a
> libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a loader/libloader.a
> mp3lib/libmp3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a
> libfaad2/libfaad2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a dvdread/libdvdread.a
> libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a libass/libass.a osdep/libosdep.a -framework
> OpenAL -lx264 -L/Users/guillaume/Prgm/x264 -L/usr/local/lib  -liconv
> -lncurses -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -framework CoreAudio
> -framework AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa
> -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenGL -framework IOKit
> -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -lfontconfig  -lz     -lm
> cc -o mencoder mencoder.o mp_msg-mencoder.o parser-mecmd.o xvid_vbr.o
> asxparser.o codec-cfg.o cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o
> m_option.o m_struct.o mpcommon.o parser-cfg.o playtree.o
> playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o vobsub.o unrarlib.o
> libmpcodecs/libmpencoders.a libmpdemux/libmpmux.a
> libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a
> stream/stream.a libswscale/libswscale.a libvo/libosd.a
> libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a
> libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a loader/libloader.a
> mp3lib/libmp3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a
> libfaad2/libfaad2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a dvdread/libdvdread.a
> libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a libass/libass.a osdep/libosdep.a -lx264
> -L/Users/guillaume/Prgm/x264 -L/usr/local/lib  -liconv -lncurses
> -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -framework CoreAudio -framework
> AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa -framework
> QuartzCore -framework OpenGL -framework IOKit -L/opt/local/lib
> -lfreetype -lz -lfontconfig  -lz     -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _LoadResource
> loader/libloader.a(resource.o) definition of _LoadResource in section
> (__TEXT,__text)
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore(ProjectBuilderMasterObjectFile.o)
> definition of _LoadResource
> [...]

i reconfigured with XV and X11 disabled (for some reason configure was
comming back with those as "ok" at first) and it compiled exactly as
you said it would. and (though i had to supply a font file) the subs
finally work on the intel mac.

the ppc mac is still having a minor problem, it's not properly finding
freetype at runtime, here is the output it gives me:

mplayer[29258] CFLog (21): Error loading
/Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType:  error
code 4, error number 0 (Library not loaded:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LiveType.framework/Versions/A/LiveType
  Referenced from: /Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType
  Reason: image not found)

is there anything i can do to manually fix this?

also.. for reference.. here are my relevant installs:
 expat @2.0.0_1 (active)
  fontconfig @2.4.2_0+macosx (active)
  freetype @2.1.10_1 (active)
  libiconv @1.11_4+darwin_8 (active)