[MPlayer-users] ubuntu dapper mplayer problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 01:41:12 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Dave Wayne wrote:
>
>> thats what i thought but, from the mencoder wiki:
>
> please, don't top post
>
>> "If you install MPlayer manually, the Makefiles will not create a
>> 'mencoder' binary. To create it yourself, just make a link from
>> mplayer to mencoder."
>>
>> (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Mencoder_Introduction_Guide#Codecs_and_Formats)
>
> I'm speechless

What's more, they've already "refuted" a correction from "Kraymer" (whom
I presume is Sebastian Kramer) back in October of last year.

This definitely needs to be corrected. Anyone else feel like posting a
more polite version of "what kind of crack are you smoking?" on the
relevant discussion page? If not, I have one ready...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.