[MPlayer-users] mplayer on Fedora v Ubuntu

Jorge Fábregas jfabregas at onelinkpr.net
Mon May 7 19:21:31 CEST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 1:18 pm, malcolm wrote:
> I have a site that I watch - www.kvbc.com
> If I use Firefox on Ubuntu clicking on the videos it launches mplayer
> if I use Firefox on Fedora clicking on the videos does nothing

Well, one thing is mplayer and another thing is the mplayer plug-in (for
browsers).  Check if you have installed the mplayerplug-in package.

Also, on Firefox, go to Preferences, then the Content section on top and on
that window at the button (under File types section) click "Manage" and
compare the differences between the 2 distros.

HTH,
Jorge