[MPlayer-users] deinterlacing quality issues

Andrew Henry adhenry at bredband.net
Thu May 10 12:33:51 CEST 2007

dont know what got messed up with previous response, but here it is again.

yadif=1:1 makes first/last frames of film go green and slows down whole
film to quarter speed!!  what am i doing wrong?

I tried filmdint and pullup and they also do not seem to have any effect
on deinterlacing.  They look identical to original interlaced film (rawdv).

The quality of yadif deinterlace looks quite good however, despite being
quarter speed.

Why do the other deinterlacers (apart from kerndeint and yadif) not work
for me?  Do they need to be compiled into the version of mencoder i am
running and if so how do I check if they are including in my binary?

Thanks,
andrew