[MPlayer-users] deinterlacing quality issues

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu May 10 14:22:33 CEST 2007

Andrew Henry <adhenry <at> bredband.net> writes:

> yadif=1:1 makes first/last frames of film go green and slows down whole
> film to quarter speed!!  what am i doing wrong?

When reading the manual page for yadif, don't stop at "instead", but, instead,
continue reading until "vectors". (I agree that this is not intuitive.)

(btw: Did you read until instead? [:field_dominance] is deprecated and you are
using latest svn, aren't you?)

[Comments about filmdint and pullup I can't comment on since I live in PAL
country, but I wounder if rawdv really has something to do with telecine.]

> Why do the other deinterlacers (apart from kerndeint and yadif) not work
> for me?

-vf pp=fd, -vf pp=md don't work for you?
(Please don't comment about their quality, as already explained, yadif is what
you are searching for.)

Carl Eugen