[MPlayer-users] deinterlacing quality issues

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri May 11 12:54:32 CEST 2007

Andrew Henry <adhenry <at> bredband.net> writes:

[...]

> The others were not very good
> deinterlacers.

I kindly asked you not to comment on their quality.

> I still get green frames.  Ok, I understand that if you do not know if
> this is actually fixed or not in latest svn

Please note that I did *not* say I don't know if it's fixed (I'm quite sure it
is)!

> then you are bound to
> recommend latest svn on the offchance that it is fixed.  I am not savvy
> enough to build my own mencoder...I can make/make install but not savvy
> enough to edit configure script if needed

You should *never* have to edit your configure script.
Please download tomorrows source snapshot from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html (yesterdays probably didn't compile
and I don't know when they are updated), run ./configure (you probably won't
have to install -devel libraries if you really make/make install programs from
time to time) and make.

Report on this mailing lists if you have problems, especially with the
configure script, we are very interested in useful bug reports!

Carl Eugen