[MPlayer-users] mplayer crash on 64-bit Fedora Core 6 machine.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue May 15 20:59:01 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:36:42AM -0700, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> : > So from what you are saying, I ought to try building the 32-bit
> : > version of mplayer (which I know works on my various 32-bit machines)
> : > and see if that works.
> :
> : No, you ought to try to make a proper bug report and help us fix it. But
> : since I was able to reproduce it you don't need to anymore.
>
> Ok, I'm glad of this.  Did you simply run mplayer on a 64-bit machine
> and force -vc rawbgr24flip  ?

I created a file with -ovc raw -vf format=bgr or so and mplayer it with
-flip.

> You might also be able to reproduce the error I got when using -vo gl.

Didn't have any problem, it might be related to the large resolution of
your file.

> : > I'm new to x86_64 multilib machines.  I will have to figure out what
> : > to pull onto the machine to do this and hope that I don't create a
> : > rat's nest for the package manager.
> :
> : brrr. multilib is ugly. If you're lucky and it's something simple it will
> : be fixed soon.
>
> I hope so.  FYI (you'll be happy to know :-), we just bought an Nvidia
> Quadro FX5500 for this machine to replace the ATI card since I can't
> get the ATI card to drive the 4096x2160 display under Linux.

Well, I am not really "happy" with NVidia either, but at least it has
worked mostly for me and others...
But, more importantly, as far as I can tell I fixed the bug
already shortly after my last reply so you can use the 64 bit build
again I guess.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger