[MPlayer-users] how to convert video to pgm images

cga2000 cga2000 at optonline.net
Sun May 27 19:07:38 CEST 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 07:07:54AM EDT, Nick Rout wrote:
> Himadri Sarkar wrote:
> > hello
> >
> > how to convert video to pgm images
> >
> > by using mplayer -vo pnm <filename> the image gets converted to ppm format
> >
> > what all files do i need to include in my c program to just do the task of
> > converting
> > the video file to pgm format.
> >

> once you have the ppm files you should be able to do
>
> convert file.ppm file.pgm
>
> convert is in the imagemagick package

Actually I found that gimp can read ppm files .. so you can take a peek
.. play with them if need be and then save them to png's for instance.

Is there any way I can have mplayer read a particular time sequence
into a DVD - such as from +10:27 to +11:33, e.g. ..?

Is there any way I can have mplayer write one frame in ten?

Is there any way I can dump frames on the fly while watching a DVD?

Yes, I know what you're going to say .. but then it's memorial day
week-end over here and I feel a little lazy today to read the famous
manual.

Have a heart.

Thanks,
cga